1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let's do some catching up

Discussion in 'Socialized Section' started by FadetoBlack, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FadetoBlack

FadetoBlack Veni, vidi, vici, reliqui

Hi,

Some of you may know me, most of you (by now) will not. My name is Oscar, you may call me that, or you may call me Fade (it’s been so long since I’ve been called that particular moniker now). Over the past Four, yes Four years now (wow) I have been hanging around gamez aion. Two of those four were actively, with the past two being not-so-actively. A lot has changed in my life, and a lot of the faces I was once used to seeing around here are now rare.

Personally I’ve never much cared for online communities, but something about gamez aion always brings me back. I have so many memories, both good and bad. When I think of the timespan that has passed while playing/following gamez aion it becomes apparent just how much can change in a few years. Pretty soon it’ll be my 21[SUP]st[/SUP] birthday, so I figured now would be as good a time as any to do some catching up, or maybe some introductions if I don’t know you. I do like reading very much.

Over the past two years I’ve been (a ninja) in school. I’m currently getting ready to transfer to a university in Connecticut. Things seem so be looking up for the most part, as I get ready to finish up my last two years of college as a chemical engineer. I had moved up from Florida, back to Pennsylvania, and now further north. At this rate I should be in Canada by next year… I’m kidding, it’s too fucking cold up there.

I’ve found love (how tacky, right? Still true). We’re happy with each other, and it’s a fantastic relationship. We’ve seen lots of things together and had wonderful times, so this would be a first in the healthy relationship department. If all goes to plan we should be together for a very long time. We’ve been going out for a little over a year now. Anyway, I’m sure my relationships aren’t the most interesting.

My dog Rocco died of liver cancer, I had to have him put down myself. I had never experienced any type of loss like that before, and I’m not completely sure if I’m over that yet considering I can’t look at pictures of him. It wasn’t pretty; I will not have a dog for a very long time, if at all. I have, however, considered owning a squirrel. They’re tiny little things and I don’t think I’d get as attached to them. I do have a cat, Minnie, I’ve mixed feelings about her. Cats are just so complicated.

For 16 months or so I have been working at a retirement home while doing school on the side. I work in their kitchen as a cook. I’ve learned a lot about cooking, as well as working with others. I have also learned that I really like elderly people (they’re just so cool).

I’m sure there’s other things I’ve missed because it’s so late and I should really be in bed right now. But I would love for everyone to catch me up, tell me what’s been going on with their lives, the ups, the downs, and the in betweens. It’s been a while!! If you’ve never heard of me before, which would NOT surprise me, I’d love to know about you!

I'll be checking in tomorrow night!

4 people like this.
  2. Dementa

Dementa Providence Forum Legend

Chemical engineer eh, that's actually what I'm going to college for, too. And I moved from New York to Florida last year, while you moved from Florida to the north. Wtf man q.q

1 person likes this.
  3. Puddles

Puddles Tͮh͌̀ͩe̅̋̔̓ͣ̎͟ ̔ͫ̈́̾ͩG͗́̓o͐̍d̊̊̄d͑̔̎͑ ̋̾͏e ̏̏ͬ͌s̶s͛ Forum Legend

I for one an happy you are doing well. =)

1 person likes this.
  4. FadetoBlack

Oh Trent, I don't blame you. That reminds me, I had a little incident in new york of which I will post tomorrow.
    Yeah! But tell me how you're doing too! I want to know thingsssss!

1 person likes this.
  5. Kyle

Kyle Banned Forum Legend

Hi,

im a newb

1 person likes this.
  6. Puddles

Puddles Tͮh͌̀ͩe̅̋̔̓ͣ̎͟ ̔ͫ̈́̾ͩG͗́̓o͐̍d̊̊̄d͑̔̎͑ ̋̾͏e ̏̏ͬ͌s̶s͛ Forum Legend

Know things? Like?

Well, I left my position as one of the staff members a while back due to some unexpected family things that came up and required more attention than anything else at the time. Other than that it is life as usual, lack of sleep and plenty of work to be done =/

7. Dementa

Can't wait for storytime ;o

8. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

Well.
    Different names and different years.
    I do remember you, cool glady back then.

1 person likes this.
  9. Kawena

Kawena Getting there

1 person likes this.
  10. BeastiesDecoyAccount

BeastiesDecoyAccount Chillin likea guy who chills

Cut off their manhood, and feed it to the goats
    Dolf Ludgren(Drago from Rocky IV and that big guy in the Expendables) was a chemcial engineer for a while. He got out of it to do boxing and acting . You should do that.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  11. Illusions

Illusions ß̫͒̃ڻᶇٴᶇٴŷ̪ Ķ̫͌ńĭģĥŧ̝̜᷈ Forum Legend

I feel like this guy is beasties twin but in the exact opposite way o.o (Still preferring beastie though)

Hi though!

1 person likes this.
  12. Dementa

Fade is much more tolerable than Nick in 99% of situations. I prefer Fade!

13. BeastiesDecoyAccount

And EVERYTHING else is much more tolerable than your face in 100000000000000000000000000000000000% of situations. I prefer everything else!

Also get on LoL sometime you weak nab.

14. Dementa

I get on LoL all the time, you just never play xD

15. FadetoBlack

Oh no! Family troubles are the worst of troubles :c I hope everything turned out well!!!

Yeaaah, man I'd get my ass beat so hard if I tried to play aion lol. I used to be good a loooooooong long time ago. Aion is still the most fun pvp I've ever had.

Haha, I get that a lot. I didn't know of that song when I first made the character, believe it or not. I learned of the song because people kept pointing it out!

I'd be a horrible actor and an even worse boxer D: I think you just wanna get me beat up man.

Lmfao, you guys make me laugh. I love it XD

Maybe I can change your mind with a little story.

One day I was going to Connecticut. I believe this was my second trip. The drive from where I live to there is around 5 hours with tolerable traffic, so needless to say it's grueling. I usually do it all in one shot, driving from 2-3pm till 7-8pm. It turns out that this time for whatever reason I made my GPS take me through the George Washington bridge, in new york. Now if you've never been through the george washington (I'll never go through it again) it's around 5-6 lanes, which narrows down to 3, which narrows down to 2. This all happens fairly quickly, and I was going through the top part (mistake #2).

The traffic was HORRIBLE, I sat there for 20mins moving at maybe 5mph, on the leftmost lane. Well at some point I see this 18-wheeler who was trying to merge. This guy had a jersey plate, and he was fuckin insane. He was trying to merge from the 4th lane, towards the leftmost lane. He did so by cutting his trailer across three lanes at once, effectively blocking all traffic within those lanes. It just so happened that he was also trying to merge in front of me. As you can imagine I wasn't too happy with this and kept going, trying to force him behind me. He was also not having my shit, and tried to force his way onto my lane. What ended up happening was he came within a foot of my tiny little Nissan, and he lowered his driverside window. He started yelling "go on and make a fool outta yourself!!!" So I lowered my window and calmly asked him what the FUCK he was doing, and who the FUCK gave him his license (I'm kidding, it wasn't calm at all, I also called him a crazy fucking bastard). We kept shouting, but alas, I was forced into the shoulder, and I had to let him pass. I believe if I had had a gun I would've shot him or something. I was fifty shades of pissed.

And that's why I'll never go on the GWB again.

16. argenina

argenina (⊙.⊙(Berzerki)⊙.⊙)

OKEY HERE I GO
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Dementa

I think that was a sane thing to do though, and something NORMAL to get mad at. Nick just doesn't make any sense. I've never been on that bridge before so I wouldn't know what it is like, but damn. It sounds a lot like getting stuck on I-4 driving through Orlando.. an interstate route that is so clogged that you are stopped for 10-20 mins at a time. Pls have mercy, road ragers.

18. FadetoBlack

Yeah I drove in florida, mostly fort lauderdale and miami. I hate hate hate I-95 there, it's so awful. I would shoot myself if I had to do such a commute daily. However, I drive like a maniac... probably because I like going fast and getting to places.

19. ::B::Y::O::B::

::B::Y::O::B:: Expert Forum Legend

Glad to see you're back, I do recall knowing you but I've given up on everyone trying to remember who I am except for trent since he has always had a crush on me. Also glad to see everything in your life seems to be going well and as for your loss with your dog I also had a similiar experience with my parrot that I had for 15 years and know some what of how your feeling as I loved that bird very much.

Cheers and hope to see you in-game again ~Zoso/Luicia

1 person likes this.
  20. BeastiesDecoyAccount

I played like 5 games today! :O

Also since you're into chemistry and stuff, you should get into boxing also. You and fadey can be sparring buddies.

I'm sure you'd be a great boxer. Sure you aren't a 6'5" bodybuilder but you can probably get in fighting shape if you train. Sure you may take a few hits, but you'll be fine. You just gotta have that eye of the tiger. I'll even help you train.
    Interesting story but nowhere near as crazy as my stories. And that truck driver was fucking crazy. I mean what the hell was he thinking? No truck drivers in their right minds would EVER EVER EVER EVER go to New York. That is one big hell state for truck drivers. It's mostly country which is nice, but the roads are old, and narrow, and curvy and then the city is just a mess with traffic out the gazoo, and then you have a huge chance to get shot, stabbed, or blown up. And sometimes all three.

Now you handled that situation pretty poorly. First you let yourself get drove off the road. What you should have done is let the dumbfuck truck driver hit you. You see, the authorities hate truck drivers so even if it was you that hit him, then many times they'll just call it a no fault accident, or blame him, but in this case where he would clearly be at fault and with many witnesses around(probably quite a lot that were pissed off with him blocking off 3 lanes of traffic) you could have gotten a HUGE HUGE multimillion pay out. Just make sure when you get out you yell something like "OW MY BACK!" and act like you're in agonizing pain. When the police fault the driver for the accident, you then get to sue out the wazoo. And truck companies have big fancy insurance companies so it's not uncommon to see multimillion dollar settlements.

And if he was over his hours when they checked his logbooks, then you pretty much would have gotten a blank check right there.

Really man, you missed out on literally winning millions of dollars.

Also this is true and not just one of my "troll stories". I've been driving trucks for a few years, including longass 16 hour routes from Indiana to Pennsylvania. I know of a lot of truck companies that are stuck in multimillion dollar settlements because a driver was in an accident and because of some technicality like being 10 minutes over his limit even though he was a block away from his delivery and he was stopped at a stop light and a drunk driver hit him, the family was still able to get the lawsuit and walk away with millions.

So yeah, you missed out on an early retirement that would let you live your life however the hell you wanted.

I am disappoint.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.