1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Black Desert Online population

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by loboram, May 7, 2024.

1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

The entire Black Desert Online population has been dwindling on the Official Pearl Abyss server (NA/EU), so it is Not a surprise that all the other servers in question are suffering due to "the lack of interest"? I have no idea why exactly this is happening, but I am guessing that it is the usual problem that mainstream thinking leads to; Puppets Following the dictates of some random person online.
    At some point most games just grow "out of style", or someone online (uploading videos/streaming) says that the game "isn't worth it anymore". I am only guessing here because I have NO clue what is going on in other people's minds.

However it is really important for players here on GamezBD to KNOW, without a doubt, that it has Nothing to do with how This server is being run, but entirely because this game has seriously lost a ton of players. As I said, I have literally No clue where they went, or why they abandoned the game in the first place, but as is the case with most mainstream thinking; Following the hype of some "new" game out there, would be the best guess I can give.

2. Dracken

Dracken I'm here to help.

I was a player here for a long time, then the Server got splitted into EU/NA, 95% of ALL Germans went to EU, I am a lifeskiller, I had a huge world setup, which I didn't wanted to lose.
    But on NA is the Nodewar time like at 2-4am in the EU? It's really not good.
    Also, no one to talk in German there.
    I kept playing on NA, also because as a lifeskiller, leveling the chars isn't that easy^^.
    But then, I came back after months and saw just ONE? top guild in German on EU, all other where maybe turkish or russian?
    GamezBD had a HUGE German playerbase, but once the official Turkish servers got closed and the chat got flodded in turkish (because those folk [including the russians] does ignore the respect to speak english; which we Germans mostly do!) got the chat very bad, you couldn't talk anymore in public because the chat was "mysterios" looking from the arabic style language and the kyrillian style language of the russian folk.
    It's sad when countries choose to not learn a International language (many french/france people also don't do it, but that's becauce France does try to bann english from their lifestyle) and let their kids being "dumb".
    The internet isn't a place where everyone talk in it's own language, the most people will use english.

But however, aside from the language, I can't understand why all are gone, but when I came back a few months ago, no one was there to talk :(
    (a few of) My chars:
    NA:
    Screenshot_014441-037.jpg
    (not all chars visible)

EU:
    Screenshot_014619-110.jpg

I spent a lot hours in it, but loosing all my stuff and then loosing all friends was just too bad.

3. YooMin

YooMin @Wisdom.Entertainment

They banned many video creators and streamers what do u think people will love the retail. I also lost potencial play this game. I had more like 500 videos of guild many quests and grinding..., but my YouTube channel was banned and deleted, becosue of stupid Pearl Abyss. Now I playing only sometimes. I knew it this will happen. First, retail is P2W. Devs are toxic. Second, comming a lot of new mmorpg games. And is it Karma for that what they did to players. Yes retail will be die. I giving them last 1 or maximal 2 years.

4. Sleier

Sleier Archangel

We could enable more than 2 time usage of family name change ticket, most people who become members of gamezbd ruined their reputation but don't feel like starting over, and being able to change their family name would give them a clean slate (just being honest)
    :) bump if you agree!
    Also, I'm willing to bet many users (just going off of my own personal experience) regardless of current activity in the game, may have picked up some life professions. I mention this because I've been learning python, and I don't think there is anything I can't do with it. Reason I'm bringing this up, is that we could launch our own streaming service. It would be considered "underground". Nobody would be able to take it down, so no legal hassel, so again, bump this post and lets get kolka's attention. I, along with many other players would love a chance to breath new life into the server!

5. lumoz

lumoz Proficient

This is more or less the reason the eu server is dead. Its a TR/RU server at this point.

6. ncplay91

ncplay91 New Member

Kolka fix your server! connection is so bad now..

and to answer why people left is because Kolka was slow to listen his customer base..
    people got disappointed and left..
    Some of the reasons I heard from someone from "phoenix looking guild" emblem.. he said the koreans were dominating the wars once.. "cheating" and Kolka did nothing
    Another reason was nude mod that was never implemented and people waited for years.. this is also the reason why I left the game back then for 3 years or so.. then I'm back because I don't know what else to play.

Long story short, Kolka didn't care about the players. I guess he gets what he wanted.
    It's gonna be a long journey to get those users back while retaining active players.

7. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Hello there all again...I am not a part of the staff but I do try to help out when I can.
    Now saying this to a German person sounds bad; but seriously seems with your own words here, that you are being Xenophobic. Using that word since it has been pruved (how it sounds) that Race isn't a scientific term, just a Nationalistic/Xenophobic term made up in the 1800's, by some old pale faced men, in order to abuse people of colour.

Look I am the first to say that I too have tried, to talk some sense into the Server-chat using community, especially since there are Language-Group-Chat channels which cost NO ENERGY to use, that trying to limit the non-international-languages might be a really good idea, Especially since new-comers to our community will expect that. Using languages that are mainly only used by your nation, won't promote the sense of community, nor the feeling of playing a MMO-game (Massively Multi-player Online). Since the beginning of this game was mainly based on group play, it is just so sad to see that the Find-Party/Platoon function is pretty much never used anymore, and that players "prefer" (I don't really know) to play alone. But it sure as heck seems like that, since they generally refuse to use the Specific Language group-chat channels, not allow for anyone to just use the Server-chat channel in English for just chatting, without someone suddenly being really mean to them, and mainly just talk down to players who want to play in groups/parties.

Now it is true that I am not omniscient, and I cannot know everything that is going on, or why it is happening, but based on my own experiences there certainly needs to be a Moderator online, from time to time, not necessary to have one ALL the time, but just just once in a while, who won't announce that they are there, but will give out small warnings to players who aren't allowing the community to grow. Basically anything violently offensive, or just insisting on spamming the server-chat, or just using the server chat to have a private talk to their buddy for instance. There are many other options for chat, other than the server-chat channel, BUT it is the one channel that all new-comers will automatically be wired into. So if the GamezBD community wants more players to join, so that maybe in the future we can once again enjoy;
    1. An AWEsome Central Market
    2. Many more items enhanced and sold
    3. Active PvP population, with node wars and seiges
    4. Engaging Party/Group playing
    5. A "nice and helpful" community

I was about to ask what you meant "deleted your videos", but you ended the reply with the most crucial information; that *they* are YouTube and Pearl Abyss, and Not GamezBD.

Well, there are other "video sharing platforms" where you can upload and share videos from. Also if you stream GamezBD, just don't use that name in the Title of the stream, add "GamezBD" to the information bit of the stream. That usually works just fine.