1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Beware criticism or questions...

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by nebneb333, Apr 8, 2024.

1. nebneb333

nebneb333 New Member

It appears that saying anything that criticizes or questions Gamezbd in their telegram now gets you banned. Just wanted to give you all a heads up! Never used foul language, nor was rude or impolite to anyone on there, simply asked why the game was still years behind retail and boom I got banned from the English telegram. Been a huge supporter of Gamez even after all this time and delays, spent a lot of time and money on the game after all, so I just wanted to know what was going on.

2. ncplay91

ncplay91 New Member

a business that doesn't listen to its customers is a dead business..
    looks like they don't want you, they don't want your money, and they don't want you to be around.
    so you'd better off look somewhere else.

3. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Hello there, I am not a part of the GamezBD staff, and there really isn't anything they can tell you at this point, that you shouldn't already have inferred from the results of your actions.

So...how can I put this...say you know someone in a wheelchair, and they've been in that wheelchair for as long as you have known them. One day you think of this funny joke and you rush over to tell them; "Hehehe, hey! Bet you would love to walk! Cause it's been years since you've gotten out of that wheelchair!" and then you keel over laughing your head off.

Now to some people, that is actually a joke and a funny story. To others it is a horribly offensive event being described. So when you think about it, real hard, what do you think happened in the Telegram channel?

Did you somehow repeat the exact same thing that, say a million users before you have already pointed out, and it is now so overly used that the mere mention of it, becomes like a red hot needle in the eye of the developers and administrator?

I don't use Telegram, or at least extremely rarely, so I don't know exactly what lead up to this, or why you in particularly were targeted, however when someone repeatedly asks the same thing, or keeps poking some topic that is already a burden, I would imagine that what you described happens.

I know you wrote this in order to defend yourself, but you really didn't do it just for that. You made this thread because you felt as if you were the one who was being mistreated, and you wanted to take one more shaite on this project. I really don't see the point of this thread, other than a angry little kid, who was treated accordingly to their own actions. Again...I cannot say what happened in there, or why this was the result, I do know that sometimes everyone overreacts, however it is this topic that has been a pot stirring for trolls and the like.

All in all it isn't too difficult to understand the premise; GamezBD is the one project that is by far superior, in both coding and service, than all the other P-servers out there. That takes work, a Lot of work and dedication. Having some little brats spit and shaite on it, again and again and again and again, doesn't make the work easier or more fulfilling. It just means that the amount of patience, understanding, and the fuse length becomes more and more limited.

Again...I really don't know what I am talking about...I am NOT a part of the GamezBD staff at all, and I do NOT know what is actually happening behind the scenes. I am merely reminded of the times where I had similar tasks, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone because it is a thankless job, where you constantly get flak for everything that doesn't work. Very few users of this server project get, how much work and effort they all put into it.

4. nebneb333

nebneb333 New Member

I quite literally asked what was going on, hoping someone might offer an answer as to why things had gotten this way or in hopes of maybe getting reassurance that there might be something changing at some point. If someone took it as a joke, mean or otherwise then (A) they are too sensitive to be affected by a simple question, and (B) they should not be in a position of power over others due to their sensitivity. It was in no way posed as a joke, insult, or defamatory remark towards the game/ devs and had no reason to be taken as such. I only check back every few months to see if there has been a change or anything or any information released.

As for why I wrote this, it was to warn others that the same might happen to them and to point out that the behavior of those who did this were not even remotely acceptable. I have been a moderator for a few mid to large companies on forums and discords, heck back in the day when I had the time I did exactly what you are doing now for Gamezbd in their discord in an attempt to ease some of the burden from Kolka who was often bothered by nonsense more often than actual requests for aid or help that he could provide. You have to have a thick skin for that and if your skin is so paper thin that a simple question can cause you to react in the most drastic way possible then you may want to reevaluate your position or better yet someone of a higher authority may want to do so instead.

5. loboram

You know what...that's fair, but let us face the actual facts here. Neither one of us, really knows what is going on. Adding to that, if you know how hard it is, on the receiving end of a "tonedeaf" community, then why not just search for that answer instead of posing the question once again?

Too many have asked relentlessly, making this not so much a question, but much rather a mockery.
    How can you defend anything you say, with something so insanely subjective as "sensitive"?
    Well, you just did try to defend your own point of view with "too sensitive"...sooo who's behaving badly?
    :p

6. nebneb333

nebneb333 New Member

We are obviously not going to agree but I appreciate your view none-the-less, and wish you the best ^_^

7. Hirokaito

Hirokaito New Member

theres nothing to do, if i remember correctly gamez telegram even doesnt have any clear Rules section. So either members will never know what rules are or admin just simply ban people based on their emotion state.

Another example, we have Rules on website https://gamezbd.net/rules that stated it isnt allowed to do RMT aka buying/selling account. However whenever we reported players who got caught doing that, the admin did nothing although it is clearly prohibited here https://gamezbd.net/rules

Whenever our guild caught a cheater/hacker grinding, we recorded and sent on forum even directly to Kolka, and the admins stay silent. The cheaters are still around like nothng happen

I might be wrong, but it feels like the people who deserve to get banned don't, and the people who don't deserve to get banned do.

8. loboram

Hello there, just to clarify I am Not a part of the staff. I just thought a moment about this, and you may be wrong in your assumption, just as easily as I may be wrong in mine. I just think that with the report system, there is never any replies, and there is also a temporary ban, and if repeated temporary bans are acquired, Then your account gets get banned. It doesn't stop players from making a new account, or changing the family name if they have a few temporary bans already, but I am guessing that the admin. and devs. know who is who.

So in closing neither one of us knows what happens "behind the scenes", however the bar for catching a cheat (no such thing as a cheat'er'), is quite high. So various reports of the same person doing the same obvious cheat, have to be made and written. There have been some instances where a person's very high "ping", connection issues, have made it appear as if they are teleporting around. But again, I cannot be sure of what you have witnessed, or reported. Just saying that it might not be as straight forwards as you put it here.